You should always aim to save energy no matter where you live, what are the…
Gardening that’s done indoor is referred to as hydroponics and usually has a large number of followers – these are the people who’re convinced by the idea of having beautiful interiors.
This blog typically focuses on the details of hydroponics – covering mainly the meaning, the requirements and the benefits.
The word hydroponics comes from two Greek words, “hydro” meaning water and “ponics” meaning labor. The concept of soil less gardening or hydroponics has been around for thousands of years. The hanging Gardens of Babylon and The Floating Gardens of China are two of the earliest examples of hydroponics. Scientists started experimenting with soil less gardening around 1950. Since then other countries, such as Holland, Germany, and Australia have used hydroponics for crop production with amazing results.
Hydroponics – The Meaning
Hydroponics is a subset of hydroculture, which is the growing of plants in a soil less medium, or an aquatic based environment. Hydroponic growing uses mineral nutrient solutions to feed the plants in water, without soil.
The perfect thing for those who love growing plants hydroponics is an exciting thing. We are no longer limited by climate or by season in the pursuit of our harmless pleasures. The simple, effective hydroponic systems now available, coupled with modern horticultural lighting, have transformed our hobby and freed us to grow our favorite plants where and when we choose.
Advantages of Hydroponic Gardening
1. It needs 20% of less space in comparison to soil based gardens, as plants with small roots can be grown closer to each other.
2. Crops grow two times faster in hydroponic gardening. It provides a controlled environment for growth, and the yield is doubled leading to more production from same amount of space.
3. Plants grown through this technique are healthy and have better nutritional value. It has been proved that vitamin content is 50% more in hydroponically grown plants as compared to conventional ones.
4. The process is amazingly stress-relieving and a relaxing hobby. Moreover it is a great way to spend quality family time.
5. There’s no-doubt in the fact that hydroponics involves less labor. Upkeep is also minimal.
While we’ve got most of the details covered, if you’re still looking for more you can log on to www.hyjo.co.uk.
Latest posts by Hyjo Hydroponics (see all)
- The Common Hydroponic Pests & Diseases and Hydroponic Pest Control System - November 27, 2017
- 8 Things You Must Look Before Choosing a Grow Light Bulb - September 19, 2017
- Hydroponics: The Ultimate Way to Grow Plants without Soil at Home - August 28, 2017