Moving in is one of the most joyous occasions there are. Now, in order to…
Holidays are synonymous to fun filled party gatherings involving either friends or families or both.
A party might sound like something that’s filled with a whole lot of fun but the prep for the party might bring with it a whole lot pain especially when you have to dejunk your home for your upcoming party gatherings.
Hence, we have provided you with a few dejunking tips that can come in handy for you for that exact purpose of yours. These tips might also alleviate the organizational trouble that you may face in executing such a monumental task like dejunking your home for your guests. Lets begin.
Organizing the key areas of your home
So what are the key areas of your home that are going to be play a major role in your party gatherings? You have to highlight them first. Here’s a rough sketch for you.
To start with you have to focus on those specific areas where your guests will spend the maximum amount of their time such as the living room, the entryways, the bathrooms, the kitchen and the guest bedrooms (if they plan to spend the night in your home).
Let’s go through the tips now.
1. Entryways: Organization’s the key here. You have to make sure that your entryway is cleared of all sorts of clutter. You can assign a designated zone for shoes, a designated zone for other personal belongings such as the purses or the coats. Doing such things will make sure that your guests aren’t feeling overwhelmed in the entryways.
2. Living room: This is probably going to be the central hangout spot for your guests. Hence, it’s advisable to keep it as spacious and cozy as possible. Proper and organized seating arrangement is crucial in the living room to make sure that your guests don’t feel too cluttered. Pull your sofa sets to the corners to make more space for the party.
3. Bathrooms: You have to put in special effort in this part of your house to make your guests feel more at ease. Set out fresh towels, put in a brand new roll of tissue paper and lots of soap and hand-wash. A scented candle can also do you lots of good; so consider getting one. Consider removing the previously used towels and empty bottles of substances like shampoos and body-wash from your bathroom because they would just make it look more cluttered than normal.
4. Dining table: Place all the necessary glassware, napkins, place-mats and other utensils on the dining table before the party. Remove any extra item from the table that won’t be required for the party to make it look more spacious. Small things like these can add a nice touch to your party atmosphere.
5. Kitchen: You should give your guests easy accessibility to your party food and beverages. Maintain a designated zone in your kitchen for food and a separate zone for beverages. Such an organizational plan can save you a whole lot of headache.
6. Guest bedrooms: Fresh sheet accompanied with fresh blankets and pillows are an absolute must in this case. And don’t forget to remove those worn out sheets and blankets (if any) from the same bedroom. You would definitely not want your guests to see those things especially during the party.
In case, the amount of junk becomes too large to your liking you can opt for a self-storage unit for temporary storage of your extras.
How to utilize a self-storage unit for the “extras”
The basic idea is very simple. You opt for a self storage unit according to your location (you can find several on the internet such as self-storage Portsmouth), contact them and they’ll take care of the rest for an attractive price.
Don’t worry. Your stored items will remain in safe hands. You can get them back whenever you want.
Things that you can dejunk in self storage units especially when you face space constraints for your upcoming party gatherings:
a. Excess décor
b. Excess furniture (the ones that you don’t need for your upcoming party; this will surely give you more space than normal)
c. Winter gear
Hope you find these tips handy enough for your upcoming endeavor. Good luck!
Latest posts by Camilla Anderson (see all)
- 5 Things to Consider Before Signing up for a Self Storage Unit - June 21, 2017
- The Differences Between Non-Climate Controlled and Climate Controlled Storage - May 25, 2017
- How to Dejunk Your Home For Your Upcoming Party Gatherings - April 19, 2017