In essence, credit is a trust that allows businesses to trade with each other on…
Driving is one of the most important life-skills every person needs to have. Driving empowers you by giving you the independence to create and follow your own schedule without relying on someone else. In addition to the freedom you get, driving is also important for practical reasons such as driving yourself to school.
For most would-be drivers looking to learn how to drive, the choice is often between getting professional driving lessons and getting “informal” lessons from mum and dad. While it may be cheaper to learn how to drive from your parents, the quality of the training simply cannot measure up to what you get from a professional.
When it comes to learning how to drive, the end does not justify the means. Skills learnt from your driving instructor will be applied every day during your lifetime to keep you and other road users safe. So no compromises should be made.
Reasons Why You Should Get Professional Driver Training
Here are five reasons why you should get professional driving lessons instead of having your mum and dad teach you how to drive:
1. Use of proper driver training vehicles. Standard vehicles are not meant for teaching new drivers how to drive. For this, special vehicles with dual controls are available and are used by driving schools when training learner drivers. They are much safer as they allow the instructor to intervene whenever necessary to avoid accidents as learner drivers are prone to make mistakes.Vehicles used by driving schools have a high safety rating and are well maintained to ensure both the safety and comfort of the learner.
2. Insurance cover. Your mom or dad’s car insurance policy does not cover driving lessons either on your local streets or on the highway. An accident will, therefore, mean that all repair expenses will have to be covered out of pocket which can be quite expensive. Because the vehicle does not have dual controls and the person behind the wheel is extremely inexperienced, the chances of an accident occurring are pretty high.With a professional driving school, you don’t have to worry about car insurance as this is taken care of by the institution.
3. Structured curriculum. Driving schools use structured curriculums to guide their driving courses. This ensures that would-be drivers receive uniform, comprehensive training that touches on all the important aspects of safe driving. Informal lessons (such as those offered by parents) lack structure and could result in the omission of important aspects of driver training.
4. You learn from a professional. Professional driving instructors have been trained and licensed to pass on driving skills to other people. Because they are essentially teachers, they are more adept to teaching and will use the most suitable methods for each individual student. This will increase your ability to grasp concepts and pass your driving license exam.
5. Your parents have a lot of responsibilities to handle every day. This makes finding time to teach you how to drive quite difficult. This can cause a conflict of schedules between theirs and yours. When you get professional lessons, you can schedule your driving lessons at whatever time is most convenient for you. Furthermore, the instructor will pick you up and drop you off at a location of your choice minimising disruptions to your schedule.
Professional driving lessons enable you to learn how to drive in a safe and efficient manner. Don’t put your safety and that of other road users at stake, get your driving lessons from a professional. It’s worth it.
Latest posts by Ashley Bryan (see all)
- SEO For 2017: The Top 10 Drivers of Success - November 11, 2016
- Top 5 Australian Pests To Watch Out For This Summer - October 14, 2016
- Re-using Shipping Containers For More Than Just Accommodation - October 13, 2016