The global marketplace has never been more competitive than it is today. Therefore, it is…
Putting your best foot forward in the retail environment can help your company boost its visibility and increase sales for your products. Your marketing strategy should encompass a wide array of activities that include the following:
• Traditional and Internet advertising campaigns
• Product packaging
• Retail product placement
By creating an integrated approach to marketing your company’s products, you can ensure that you make an impact on your target audience and can build your brand recognition more effectively in the consumer marketplace.
Print media, radio and television advertisements can help you achieve greater visibility with consumers; however, these marketing strategies can be expensive and may not always produce the desired results. Choosing your venues carefully and assessing your return on investment for each campaign can help you to weed out underperforming advertising venues and focus on those that produce real results for your company.
One of the most cost-effective ways to build your customer base is through targeted Internet advertising campaigns. These advanced marketing strategies can be customized in a number of ways:
• Geographical targeting focuses on customers in your local area
• Demographic targets can be customized to reach consumers of a particular age group or who share other distinguishing characteristics
• Pay-per-click advertising strategies allow consumers to self-select for added information on your company’s products and services
These online marketing tools can be valuable ways to gain exposure for your company and increase the visibility of your products and services.
Creating attractive and functional packaging for your product lines can boost their appeal in the consumer marketplace. The best packaging designs combine a number of important elements into a harmonious whole:
• Color choices can make a real impact on retail shelves
• Easy-to-open packaging ensures a higher degree of customer satisfaction
• Minimizing the amount of paper and plastic used in packaging can increase the green-friendly quotient of your products
• Packaging should be sturdy enough to protect your products in the warehouse and on retail shelves
Your product packaging should stack neatly on shelves or hang from tabs to maximize the number of items that can be displayed. This can ensure that consumers have access to your products in these retail environments.
Understanding retail logistics
Most stores maintain limited retail storage on site. The bulk of their available products are kept on display within the store. Discussing the placement of your products with distributors and retailers can sometimes help you achieve added visibility in these marketing venues. Additionally, comprehensive inventory control solutions can alert you when supplies of your products are running low on retail shelves. This added level of information could allow you to respond more quickly to shifts in consumer demand for your company’s retail goods.
Promoting your products effectively is an essential element of success in the modern retail industry. By creating an integrated marketing strategy that encompasses traditional and online advertising, functional and attractive packaging choices and proper retail placement, your company can achieve increased visibility and enhanced profitability in the competitive consumer marketplace.
Trey is a marketing expert who understands strategies from product placement in the retail environment to on and offline visibility-boosting strategies. His passion is helping businesses get noticed in a competitive and crowded marketplace, and he hopes these tips from unigrouplogistics.com help companies do just that.
Latest posts by Marty Huggins (see all)
- Say Goodbye To The ‘Submit Infographic’ Form - April 21, 2016
- Could’ve Seen Yahoo!’s Fall Coming From A Mile Away - April 13, 2016
- How Walmart Like Mega Corporations Change Local Economy - October 18, 2015