Shifting your home or office is a daunting task for sure. With so many things…
Transportation of fragile items needs additional care. The item needs to be protected from all sides so that no direct pressure falls on it. There are different kinds of packaging materials that help in providing protection to the delicate items. Among them, bubble wraps have proved to be very effective in providing great protection to frail items. The air filled bubbles of the wrap are positioned with uniform spacing for great effectiveness.
The way bubble wraps protect fragile items
The large numbers of air filled bubbles in the wrap do not allow any kinds of pressure to come on the fragile item directly. The cushioning effect of the wraps takes the pressure away easily. The bubble wraps are available in variety of sizes. The size of the wrap will depend on the size of the item that needs to be wrapped. If the concerned item is big or bulky, just like a computer monitor or refrigerator, the bubble wrap needed will be a large one with bigger sized bubbles on it. To protect from vibrations and shocks, multiple layers of bubble wraps are also used in many places.
Sizes of bubbles on the bubble wraps also vary from one another. The small bubble wraps have bubbles of 6 millimeter diameter, which is almost ¼ of an inch. Along with this, there are bubbles of 26 millimeter diameter as well, which is 1 inch. The larger sized bubbles provide great levels of shock absorption during transportation or handling. Apart from these two sizes, bubbles with diameter of 1 cm are commonly used. The kind of item being shipped and the fragility of the same decide as which bubble wrap will be most suitable for use.
Advantages of using bubble wraps
As packaging materials, the demands of bubble wraps have increased greatly because of the various advantages that it provides. Some of the most important ones among them are as follows:
- Excellent cushioning while transportation of delicate items
- Extended protection if the item needs to be stored for long period of time
- Reduces costing of packaging considerably. Using the bubble wraps does not need to use other packaging materials.
- Reduces damage of items. It has been seen that items that are bubble wrapped tend to get high levels of protection when compared to other materials.
- Recyclable and environment friendly. Most of the bubble wraps are made from environmental friendly materials and they are recyclable.
Different kinds of bubble wraps available
There are two main categories in which bubble wraps are manufactured in the company – small bubble wrap and large bubble wrap.
- Small bubble wraps are available in 5 varieties. The varieties change according to the width of the sheets. Small bubble wrap sheets come in 300mm, 500mm, 750mm, 1200mm and 1500mm width.
- The widths of the large bubble wrap sheets are same as small bubble wrap sheets. The size of the bubbles is large when compared to the small bubble wrap sheets.
Customers can order the sheets that suit their requirements best.
Latest posts by Mark Dawson (see all)
- Choosing The Right Packaging Material Checklist - June 9, 2015
- 20 Life Hacks With Plastic Bags That Can Come In Handy - May 1, 2015
- Importance Of Large Moving Boxes For Relocating - March 1, 2015