Before the widespread adoption of the internet and effect of globalization, commerce was a predominantly…
Martha Stewart is one of the greatest examples of personal brand in our times
What is a personal brand, you ask? Well it’s nothing other than your own reputation! The knowledge you possess, your level of trustworthiness and the legitimacy of the business/institute you represent work together to develop your personal brand.
If you are already an expert in your domain, there is every chance you have established a significant brand presence for yourself. If you are still catching up with others in your field, the tips below will help you build good reputation for yourself:
- Study yourself thoroughly: This is the first step to boosting your reputation. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses will help you in your pursuit of personal excellence.
- Set goals for yourself: Decide how you want people to view your image. Plan your business engagements with the sole aim of enhancing that image. Remember one thing – the more trustworthy your personal brand is, the better chances that the business you represent will succeed.
- Strengthen your communication abilities: How communicative are you? Will you be able to hold conversations with people at events or parties? In order to get noticed, you should become an expert at engaging people through words. As long as you are a good communicator, people will listen and pay attention to what you have to say.
- Believe in the power of content: Have you published articles online? If not, make sure you submit articles as a guest author for prominent sites online. Get your name out there in the thick of things and give yourself a good position online.
- Make use of social platforms: Make your presence felt on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. It will not suffice to create accounts – you will have to engage with your audience regularly.
- Launch a personal blog: Having a personal blog is important to create a strong bonding with readers online. If somebody needs to know more about you, all he has to do is go online and perform a search – your blog will be waiting for him.
- Network properly: You will have to build a strong network personally and officially. Ask people in your network to introduce you to prospects you can further develop business relationships with.
- Become an effective leader: Lead with maturity and poise. Ensure that no form of negativity is associated with your personal image. If there are any negatives, you should work to ensure that they are taken care of.
- Associate yourself with the very best: Make sure that the people who surround you have a strong and healthy reputation themselves.
- Continuously update your knowledge and skills: Move ahead with the times – ensure that you update yourself with the latest know-how in your domain.
Hope the 10 tips featured in this article help you launch a better public image for yourself. Wish you the very best!
Latest posts by Johnny Thomas (see all)
- 10 Unquestionable Personal Brand Building Tips For The Self Made - September 4, 2013