With the real estate market in Surbiton being flooded with properties of all kinds for…
You’re all aware that property managers exist, but what you might know about the work they do. A property manager is a third party person who is responsible for handling the daily operations related to real estate investment. He is also the person who manages the types of properties from single-family homes to apartments, etc.
Estate agents in Isleworth are the trusted people for those who’ve currently moved into the city or have already been staying there. These agents not only understand their responsibility of property management but also ensure that they perfectly meet the requirements of both the parties – buyers and sellers or landlords and tenants.
Here are the roles and responsibilities of the letting agents in Isleworth that you need to know about:
1. Responsibilities for Rent – The most important of all the roles of the letting agents in Isleworth is the responsibility of rent. They are responsible for setting the initial rent level, collecting rent from tenants and adjusting the rent.
• Setting Rent – The experience of the property managers is such that they exactly know how to set the right rent level in order to attract the tenants for a property. Besides this, they have complete information of the market where the property is located and have looked for more comparable properties in the area.
• Collecting Rent – The property managers are responsible for ensuring an optimum cash flow by setting a date for the collection of rent. Some may even enforce strict rules for late rent.
• Adjusting Rent – The property manager will also take care of fixing the rent for the year and will then be increasing it in a fixed percentage for the coming year. The rent may also be decreased if considered important.
2. Responsibilities for the Tenants – Another one of the major responsibilities of the property managers is managing the tenants. They are involved in all capacities from finding a tenant to initiating eviction etc.
• Finding Tenants – A property manager’s work also includes finding the right tenants for the property. Thought most tenants would reach the manager themselves it is still important for him to choose the ones that’ll be best for the property.
• Screening Tenants – Screening the tenants is a major responsibility that needs to be done with all care and understanding is screening the tenants for a certain property. The screening process is started with a background check of the tenant, followed by his demands and interests. It is very important for the manager to understand the demands and expectations of the tenants to able to decide whether or not a certain property be handed over or not.
• Handling Complaints & Emergencies – The letting agent of manager remains the one point of contact before and after he begins to stay in the property. He will be responsible for handling all complaints and emergencies that the tenant might be facing; other than these he should ensure that the tenant faces no such problems in the future.
• Handling Move Outs – In case a tenant wishes to move out of the property, the manager needs to ensure no payments have to be made by either side and if they have to be, he will be responsible for getting them done well in time. Apart from this, he needs to ensure that the property has been in the right state before the concerned tenant moves out. In case of any damages the he needs to get the payment for repair from the tenants.
• Dealing with Evictions – In case the landlord demands the eviction of the property it is the sole responsibility of manager to carry out the eviction process well in time. He also needs to understand that the eviction process should be done in a proper manner.
Along with the tenant related roles and responsibilities of estate agents in Isleworth there are some more that concern the landlord or the seller, while others include the services of maintenance of the property, etc. These will be separately discussed in further write-ups.
Latest posts by Ross Jezzards (see all)
- Discussion: The Tenant Related Roles and Responsibilities of a Property Manager - October 20, 2017
- Which Property Letting Agent in Surbiton Should I Choose? - October 5, 2017
- Letting Homes in Surbiton – A Guide for the Landlords - September 3, 2017