There are lots of sources of energy that are sustainable and considered to be Eco…
Back-up power systems have become an important part of residences and business today. Companies may invest a lot on uninterrupted power supply and generators to keep their offices running even in the condition of power failure but are you looking after your back-up systems properly? What you should do if you have a back-up generator?
1. Maintenance Schedule: Experts need to check your back-up power systems from time to time and replace the parts which are not working properly. Sometimes electronic components give way after prolonged use or in some cases power surges may disrupt the circuit breakers. You should have a maintenance schedule for this. Make sure that your service provider performs the scheduled maintenance properly since you don’t want your back-up power systems to cause problems when you need them most.
2. Run The Set Monthly: It is advisable to run your diesel generator for at least 30 minutes once in a month. This way you can be assured that the generator will run smoothly when you actually need it. Following this practice you can identify the issues with the generators. This makes the generator ready to go when any power failure occurs.
3. Load Bank Test: Today everything is either directly or indirectly dependent upon the electricity, it is very important to test the generator or any back-up power system on load before using them. Load bank creates an electrical load and this way you can check the performance of the machine. Load bank is not only important for industrial purposes, it is equally necessary for the residence and other small units where backup power systems are used. Testing should be a routine task to keep track of the overall performance and efficiency of the generator. Load bank contains a load element with controls to vary the load.
4. Keep The Generator In Optimum Condition: In case of diesel generator sets, you should take care of it just like you do with your car. A well oiled and greased generator will never cause problems in long run. It is very crucial to follow the above mentioned points to keep your generator in a condition that you can rely upon if any power outage occurs.
Temporary Power Solution is one of the leading backup power solution providers for all your load bank and generator rental needs. In case of any doubt, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Latest posts by John Mercury (see all)
- Understanding the Electrical Grid [Infographic] - April 3, 2017
- 19 Ways to Save Electricity at Home [Infographic] - February 16, 2017
- Extreme Weather Emergency Essentials [Infographic] - November 9, 2016